I did not know that gazpacho was actually Spanish and I think pretty much resembles salsa.
Here is an excerpt from an expert ~ "Gazpacho" is cool, refreshing and flavorful start to a meal on a hot summer day. This soup is eaten often in the southern part of Spain called Andalusia, the region from which is originates. Eat gazpacho from a soup bowl, or drink it from a glass. Either way, it is tasty, refreshing and very healthy, since it is made from nothing but fresh vegetables and a bit of oil and vinegar. During the hot weather, do what the Spaniards do - Make a batch of gazpacho and keep it in a glass pitcher in the refrigerator for whenever you need a cool drink.
I like the last part, keep it in a glass pitcher for whenever you need a cool drink, and the best part... its pretty much a health food. Follow the recipe which can be done in a blender on coarse setting for soup and liquid if you want smoothie.
- 3 lb. ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded - coarsely chopped
- 2 green or red peppers, seeded- coarsely chopped
- 1 small red or white onion - coarsely chopped
- Washed and chopped fresh green (curly) parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 squeeze of fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
Source ~ http://spanishfood.about.com/od/soupssalads/r/gazpacho.htm