Guy Food

Guy Food

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Steak Chimichanga ~ Not For the Faint of Heart!

I like it hot from time to time but sometimes, even hotter. Today's post is as about as far as you can get from the previous post on a good Christian's diet. Not that rich, tasty, hot food isn't Christian or unhealthy. I think if you indulge once in a blue moon... it's ok. I also think it is wise to take time for cleansing the system and or time off from rich, hot tasty food.

As you know everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial - 1 COR 10:23. And, I take that to mean not everything all at once. It would make sense then, that a little oil, grease and hot sauce would be ok...even like a good cleansing.

I never preach that diet is supposed to be or has to be to be rigid. Nor do I advise to throw your life away. Life is to be enjoyed, as it will be in the hereafter. So, when I get a taste for hot Mexican food, we head for the local Taco Patio (owned by Greeks?). My sweetie, she likes the chicken taco dinner with rice and beans and I have to have the Big Steak Chimichanga. I dress it up with a layer of sour cream and lots of hot peppers in oil - giardiniera.



Definitely, not for the faint of heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment