Guy Food

Guy Food

Thursday, March 26, 2015

No Brainy Guy Could Refuse A Good Brisket

I've been thinking, maybe because its Spring, that it is time to do a Brisket. Now, what is that? This is a cut of meat beef or veal coming from the lower chest 'breast'. I prefer the veal as it is incredibly lean, tender and juicy. I also like to marinate mine and broil, some like their blackened and some like it smoked, others like just grilled.  The key is truly to sear it on both sides and then slow cook in the oven covered and then in the broiler on high for a last and final sear.

I am not going to tell you how to do it in terms of seasoning. Sometimes the basic salt, pepper and garlic is perfect. I like a traditional marinate, which is fresh garlic, red pepper flakes, seat salt olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and of course dried herbs - overnight or at least 2 hrs. minimum.

As side, potatoes and I am good. If my sweetie wants a salad, I won't stop her from contributing. Personally, I really love a wilted spinach salad with feta and strawberries. What do you know, that's her favorite. So, if she asks me "Would you like a spinach salad?"... I will say "Yeah, works for me."

Ahh, she knows me by now.

I be taken break...so- peace to you and yours this Passover and Easter!







No comments:

Post a Comment